Tuesday 13 November 2012

Draft Article Pre- Production


Draft Article


Musician of the month


It’s hard to think of a musician of the month that has captivated the listeners/audiences. Somebody who influences people with there playing. We think back to J.S Bach, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky and how they influenced a generation of musician whether it’s composing, conducting or performing, they achieved that skill. Even when they died they still in this present day influence people and make them there role models/idol. In this present day there is a J.S Bach in the making and this person is Lola Nicholson This 16 year old from a little town in Doncaster is hitting the world by storm with her passion and love of the classical music. The cellist, Pianist and Singer is already in talks with joining the world class London Symphony Orchestra and is ready to record her first ever studio album. Her with her first ever interview her is Lola Nicholson;
 
Hello Lola how are you?
I'm good thank you and yourself?
I'm good aswell thank you for asking
 

So what made you become a classical musician?
I became a classical musician because I love the sound that classical music produces. It makes me feel relaxed and it is a genre of music that anyone can listen to and I feel in this present day more and more young people are getting involved with classical music which is a great thing with all of the bad news that comes in everyday about murders and crime. It grabs the younger generation off the street and get’s them involved with something they’ll love.

 
How old were you when you first started listening to classical music?
I must have been about 1 or 2 years old when I first started listening to classical music. My great-Grandma use to play the piano and I use to watch her play. She is a remarkable woman. She would play Beethoven on her vinyl and I would be captivated and mesmerised. When I was 5 she gave me words of wisdom that I would be a successful pianist because of my long fingers.


How old were you when you first started playing the cello?
Well I must have been about 6-7 years old. I was fairly young when I started. I was so interested in the instrument I wanted to try it out and now I am a professional cellist playing in an orchestra and producing a studio album.


What motivated you to become what you are today?
What motivated me was thinking and knowing that one day with all the hard work I’ve put in I will become successful and will achieve my dreams. Also the criticism I got through my childhood made me more determined, to prove those people that said I would never be a successful musician. The criticism hurt me through my childhood and teenage years but those criticisms have made me be a stronger person.

 
So how London Symphony Orchestra find you?
Well I was out on the streets playing my cello for money. I did this every Saturday and Sunday when I was approached by a middle aged man saying I could have an audition to play in London Symphony Orchestra. I was so honoured to have been asked. So I went and auditioned and I played one of the most famous cello pieces J.S Bach six suites movement 1. I knew at that point I meant the target of grade 8. So I played my heart out and got a play. I was amazed that I got through. Nothing good ever goes right for me and still to this day I play in London Symphony Orchestra. I wouldn’t want to change anything.

 
How did a record label find you?
I was playing a concert that London Symphony prepared that they play every year and I got nominated to play the main solo in both pieces which was flight of the bumblebee and allegro passionate. I never knew someone from a record label was sitting in the audience watching me. After the end of the concert a man and a women came up to me and spoke to me about a record deal I could have. I didn’t hesitate and quickly said yes and know it’s about to go in the album chart.

 
So let’s talk about your studio album
My studio album is a mixture of my favourite pieces and some piece’s I’ve created. I wanted a mixture of both because listeners will know some of the piece where as I can get my music I’ve created to the world. It took me around 6-12 months to record my album. This is because I wanted my album to be perfect and the way I wanted it to be. The name of my album is called Dreams. The reason why I called it dreams is because I feel like I’m living a dream and everything is like a blur and a dream that I don’t want to end. The main message behind the music and album is to follow your dreams no matter who or what is in your way.

 
So how do you about your album?
I feel positive about my album. Nobody has ever made an album like what I’ve made. It was hard work trying to find the right songs to go into the album but it was fun and an experience I will never forgot. I am grateful to everybody that has helped me be who I am today and where I am. My family and friends have also been a main influence in my album. 

 
What’s in store for you in the future?
I’m going to carry on playing in London Symphony Orchestra. I’m still going to compose and create more music and who knows maybe there’ll be another album on the way. But the main goal I want to do now is to do a duet with Julian Lloyd Webber that would be amazing.  

 
Thank you for coming to this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment